State-owned player, the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited (NPDC), is set for deep exploration beneath the Oghareki and Okwefe fields according to Upstream.
The NPDC in a recent tender indicated that it had a requirement for the provision of an Oghareki/Okwefe deep prospectivity study in the NPDC-Chevron JV OML 49 asset and was seeking reputable and competent companies for the provision of the service.
The scope of work required for the provision of the Oghareki/Okwefe deep prospectivity study includes but is not limited to the provision of the following:
• Data Gathering/Validation/Project Set-up.
• Regional Sequence Stratigraphic Correlation/ Seismic Sequence Stratigraphic analyses and Depositional Environment Studies.
• Petrophysical delineation of target horizons and well data analysis.
• Seismic Attribute/AVO Analysis for hydrocarbon detection, lithology identification and fluid content in the deeper section of the field.
• Velocity Modelling and Time-Depth Conversion using Appropriate Velocity Model.
• Structural and stratigraphic prospect generation & Lead Inventory.
• Volumetric & Reserves Calculation and Feasibility Studies.
• Risk Assessment/Ranking (Deliverables)
• Economic Evaluation/Analysis of Development Scenarios.