The Republic of The Gambia has received funds for the design and build of transmission infrastructure between Brikama and Kotu.
The National Water and Electricity Company Limited (NAWEC) intends to initially select not more than six applicants for the contract for transmission infrastructure including, but not limited to 30 km of 225 kV transmission lines, 225 / 33 kV primary substations (including refurbishment/upgrades of nine existing secondary MV substations), and control system (including SCADA system and dispatching center) in the Great Banjul Area.
Selection criteria are the following:
- Access to liquid assets to meet cash flow requirements of $6 million
- Minimum average construction turnover for the last five years of $24 million
- Minimum 10 years general experience
- A minimum number of five similar contracts during the last 10 years for each of the following:
- HV line of 225 kV or higher voltage
- HV substations
It is expected that the Request for Proposals will be made in December 31st, 2018.
For more see: ESI Africa