The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has received a grant from the World Bank toward the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Access Project (ECOWAS – REAP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the recruitment of a consultant to conduct the feasibility study of the phase 2 of the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Access Project.
The scope of consultancy services shall include the following steps:
Step1: Situational analysis of the project area in the participating countries for the purpose of the data collection;
Step 2: Design of the estimates and the geographic information system maps for the project;
Step 3: Detailed engineering design, front end engineering design, and specifications for the preparation of the bidding documents;
Step 4: Economic and financial assessments; and
Step 5: Capacity building.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services.
Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Be a consultancy firm or a consortium of consultancy firms operating in the field of electricity in general and in the field of studies related to the construction of medium/low voltage substations and medium and low voltage distribution networks.
- Have at least 10 years of experience in technical studies for power projects.
- Have carried out at least five feasibility studies in developing countries. Out of these five, at least one of them applying single-phase electrification technologies (MALT).
- Experience with donor-funded projects.
- Have a good technical, financial and managerial organisation. The proof should be from an excerpt of the Technical and Financial reports of the last five years.
- Have proven experience in using GIS for rural electrification applying three-phase and single-phase electrification (MALT) systems as well as the required skills and infrastructure.
- Hold a GIS license or show evidence of the possibility to use specialized GIS software.
- Experience and ability of the firm to work and produce reports and any necessary documentation on the study in English and French.
Each reference will be summarised on a project sheet, and will be considered only if the candidate attaches supporting documents indicating the contact information of the contracting authorities so as to facilitate verification of the information provided.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours Monday to Friday from 9h00am to 5h00pm (GMT + 1) Local Time.