The Kenya Power & Lighting Company Ltd (KPLC) intends to upgrade UPS and battery chargers for National Control Centre and Rabai Control Centre.
The contractor shall carry out all the necessary works for successful installation of the 4No. x 60kVA UPSs, 4No. x dual 250A battery charger system output and batteries.
A mandatory pre-bid meeting/site visit will be held on Wednesday 10 June 2020 at 10h00am at National Control, Ndandora.
Scope of work for the installation of UPS and battery chargers:
- Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of 60KVA UPS operating on 415V, 50Hz, 3 phase input and 3 phase output
- Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of SMF (seal maintenance free) battery banks for 60 kVA UPS for providing backup time of 60 mins at full load & battery stand.
- Supply and installation of 2No. 150A Static transfer switches (STS) to support the Loads; instantaneous operations (Sync Box)
- Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of dual 250A battery charger system
- Supply, installation, testing & commissioning of SMF (seal maintenance free) battery banks for Dual 250A battery charger system for providing backup time of 10hrs at 25% loading & battery stand.
- Decommissioning and reinstallation of existing UPS and charger units; KPLC to provide transport and relocation to other selected sites (Kiganjo).
- Supply of complete multipurpose 102 PCs toolkit drill machine
- UPS & charger management tool
The deadline for tender submissions has not been specified.
For more information on this tender, click here.
Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the General Manager, Supply Chain, The Kenya Power & Lighting Company Ltd at Stima Plaza, 3rd Floor, Kolobot Road, P.O Box 30099 – 00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: +254-20-3201000; 3644000 ; +254-711031904; 711031256
Source: ESI Africa