Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Schlumberger to introduce the Egypt Upstream Gateway

Feb 12, 2020

The Egyptian Ministry of Petroleum and Schlumberger introduce the Egypt Upstream Gateway, a unique and innovative national project for digitizing subsurface information and delivering a digital subsurface platform to ensure Egypt’s subsurface data is kept evergreen. The Egypt Upstream Gateway will also be a platform to promote Egypt’s exploration and production potential worldwide. The Egypt…

Read More

Aquaterra set to design offshore platform for Chevron in Angola

Feb 12, 2020

Aquaterra Energy, a provider of offshore engineering solutions, has secured a “significant” agreement from Chevron to design and support the installation of the Sea Swift offshore platform solution off the coast of Angola. Aquaterra said on Tuesday that the deal from Chevron was awarded through the oil major’s wholly-owned subsidiary in Angola – Cabinda Gulf…

Read More

SA approves new standards for embedded generation

Feb 12, 2020

Owners of small commercial and embedded generation, such as roof-top solar power systems, in South Africa now have clearer guidelines for connecting to the distribution grid. The South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) has approved new standards developed by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and written with help from PEC Engineers, a…

Read More

African Govts urged to tap into clean energy opportunities on the continent

Feb 11, 2020

At least 25 African NGOs, networks and community resistance groups have called on African governments to tap into the opportunities offered by renewable energies and reduce the use of fossil fuels. This comes following the recent Africa Energy Leaders Summit on Climate Change, Energy, and Energy Finance in Addis Ababa. A statement sent to the…

Read More

China to provide $214m for Rwandan hydropower project

Feb 11, 2020

According to reports, China’s Export-Import Bank (EximBank) will build a new 43.5-MW hydropower plant in Rwanda at a cost of about $214 million. Once online, the plant will help reduce reliance on non-renewable energy sources and stabilize the grid. The project is expected to take around five years to complete. The project will also include…

Read More

Buvuma District in Uganda gets Shs600m solar irrigation project

Feb 11, 2020

The Ministry of Water and Environment is set to start construction of a Shs600m solar-powered irrigation scheme project in Bubere Village, Buvuma District. The project is expected to help farmers that have been facing water scarcity in order to boost food security. “Currently, our people use jerrycans to fetch water from Lake Victoria to irrigate…

Read More

Four suppliers of solar power solutions will soon serve 172,000 people in Benin

Feb 11, 2020

In Benin, four suppliers of solar solutions have signed an agreement with the Millennium Challenge Account, for the supply of solar solutions to 172,000 people. These are BBOXX, the group formed by Aress and MyJouleBOx, Lagazel and the consortium formed by Axcon Energy, Advocacy and ALIDé. The companies will supply solar equipment and products with…

Read More

Namibian motorists to pay N$7bn for fuel storage

Feb 11, 2020

The N$5,6 billion fuel storage project, which is yet to be handed over to the Namibian Petroleum Corporation of Namibia (Namcor) is set to be funded by motorists through a 60 cents per litre fuel levy. The government, through the Development Bank of Namibia, aquired two loans from the African Development Bank (AfDB) – one…

Read More

Fugro secures Aker Energy contract for Pecan field surveys off Ghana

Feb 11, 2020

Aker Energy has awarded Fugro a contract for geotechnical and geophysical survey services in relation to the Pecan field, offshore Ghana. The surveys will obtain critical seabed and sub-seabed information to facilitate the planning and emplacement of the Pecan subsea infrastructure and the floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) ship. ‘This project will build on…

Read More

Madagascar’s Jirama announces that it has paid 75% of its arrears to its suppliers

Feb 11, 2020

In Madagascar, the national electricity and water company, Jirama, has announced that it has paid 75% of its accumulated debts to its suppliers. “It is the accumulated debts that have been paid. Current debts will be paid when due. So we still have to resolve the remaining 25% of debt , ” said Solo Andiamanampisoa,…

Read More